[22 MARCH 2021]
1. THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers such as name, address (including email) and contact details;
• Financial Data such as bank account or credit card details; and
• Website usage data (such as how often you visit our website).
2. HOW WE GET PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY WE HAVE IT
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• You wish to make a donation;
• You are considering making a donation and have asked us for more information about our projects and activities;
• You are collaborating with us on a fundraising event or programme;
• You are one of our officers, employees, advisors or agents.
We also receive personal information indirectly, when individuals based in the UK respond to social media campaigns run by our affiliated entities, including Afrika Tikkun South Africa.
2.1 We use the information that you have given us in order to process donations you make to us and to provide you with information on our charitable projects and activities including fundraising events and programmes. We may share this information with Afrika Tikkun South Africa, or our sister organisations Afrika Tikkun Netherlands and Afrika Tikkun USA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
• Otherwise we use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at: [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 1784 263 584 or Belron International Limited, Milton Park, Stroude Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9EL, England]
• We have a contractual obligation.
• We have a legal obligation.
• We have a vital interest.
• We need it to perform a public task.
• We have a legitimate interest.
3. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data is securely stored on (i) the password protected personal computers of our personnel in the UK (ii) third party, cloud based, data secure CRM applications such as Salesforce and (iii) server infrastructure that is made available to us by Belron International Limited and Afrika Tikkun South Africa. Belron is a core supporter of our charity and a multinational business. Both Belron and Afrika Tikkun South Africa use robust data security systems.
We keep your personal data for so long as we maintain an active engagement with you and for 6 years thereafter. Active engagement means you are on our mailing list and we are in contact with you periodically regarding our fundraising activities. We will then dispose of your information by deleting it from our mailing lists and other records.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
4. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [Email: email@example.com, Tel: +44 1784 263 584 or Belron International Limited, Milton Park, Stroude Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9EL, England]] if you wish to make a request.
5. HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 1784 263 584 or Belron International Limited, Milton Park, Stroude Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9EL, England]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk